Late 2000s Theaters

 

 

Lunt-Fontanne Theater

The Lunt-Fontanne Theater first opened as the Globe Theater in 1910. It was renamed the Lunt-Fontanne Theater in 1957.

Helen Hayes Theater

The Helen Hayes Theater was built by Winthrop Ames in 1912 as a tiny, 300-seat theater. It was redesigned by Herbet J. Krapp to increase seating capacity, acoustics and profits. The theater was sold to the New York Times Company when Winthrop Ames retired in 1931. It was used as a lecture hall. Throughout the years, it was leased to CBS Radio, ABC TV (1959-1963), and Westinghouse Corporation (1965-1974). Later, the theater returned to legit use. In 1983, the theater was renamed after the First Lady of the American Theater, Helen Hayes.

Palace Theater

The Palace Theater opened as a vaudeville house in 1913.